Tuesday, January 27, 2009

GM or GU? (Restaurant Blog Now)

I often find it funny, whenever a situation arises in the restaurant pertaining to unusual mishaps, everyone turns to the GM to go and clean it up.  In my restaurant it is no different.  The other day, I was running the dining room when I noticed an elderly man walking extremely slowly with a walker.  It appeared that he was trying to make his way to the bathroom.  I noticed as he passed by, his adult diaper was sticking out the back and remember reflecting that I hope my wife never allows me to make such futile attemps when I get older.  A few minutes later, I noticed the man making his way back to the table.  Not two minutes later, a guest informed me there was, as he put it, "Poop on the floor".  I sent the other manager in and he came out gagging.  I knew this was going to get interesting.  I told my manager to go and get a dust pan and a broom and we would try and get rid of the situation before any other guests made their way to the bathroom.  My manager returned with dish gloves, trash bag, broom, dust pan and air freshener.  After five minutes of trying to put the pucks in the goal, and multiple gag reflexes going off, we disposed of the situation with only one guest witnessing the hockey match.  Sometimes I think I am just an overpaid GU (General Utility aka Dishwasher).

No comments:

Post a Comment